Due to the novel corona virus COVID-19 Iceland has implemented several safety measures.
1. Vessels are already required to transmit the Captain's Declaration of Health via SafeSeaNet; this declaration shall generally be transmitted no later than 24 hours before arrival in port. The Customs service monitors this system and informs the CE if there is suspicion of transmission aboard a vessel.2. Additionally, the ICG shall contact the vessel before the vessel docks and request the Captain to transmit a Declaration of health as regards COVID-19 to the ICG. See image 1 in instructions.
3. The pilot will ask the same questions through the communications channel of the port in question, upon arrival of the vessel.
4. Further information and the Health Declaration Form can be found in the instructions at https://www.landlaeknir.is/servlet/file/store93/item39946/Leiðbeiningar%20fyrir%20hafnir%20og%20skip_vantar%20enskt%20flæðirit.pdf
5. Iceland has implemented the travel restrictions imposed for the Schengen Area and the European Union. Further information can be found at https://www.icetra.is/about/press-room/news/iceland-implements-schengen-and-eu-travel-restrictions
6. Please note that according to regulation 238/2020 the travel restrictions do not apply to essential travel, including passengers in transit; health and care workers on professional travel; transportation crews (airlines and freighters. The Regulation can be found at https://www.stjornartidindi.is/Advert.aspx?RecordID=9cb48a0f-0d4d-4984-a13c-b2602bb4e6b0
7. More information on the Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found at the Directorate of Health https://www.landlaeknir.is/koronaveira/english/